NICE Annual Conference 2018 Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice sets out how Dods Parliamentary Communications Limited (“Dods”) (the event organiser of the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (“NICE”)) will use and protect any information that you provide when registering for NICE Annual Conference 2018 (“NICE 2018”). It is made under Articles 13 and/or 14 of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). For the purposes of this notice Dods is a Data Controller as defined under the GDPR.
Dods’ use of your data
Dods may store and process your personal data to:
- register and facilitate your attendance at NICE 2018
- analyse attendance at NICE 2018 and any subsequent communications in relation to the event
Legal basis of processing
The legal basis for processing your personal data is out of necessity for the performance of a contract in which you are a party, which is your event booking.
In addition to the above legal basis, Dods may also use your personal data and/or registration information under the following legitimate interests to:
- contact you from time to time by email or phone:
- to provide you with updates and details relating to NICE 2018
- to inform you about similar events Dods intend to hold in the future
- to market certain goods or services which Dods believe will be of relevance or interest to you
- handle any legal claims or regulatory proceedings and ensure legal and regulatory compliance
- improve existing products and services and develop new products and services
- manage delegate and customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes
- provide your registration information to our online bookings service provider and NICE 2018 event sponsors (an updated list of which is available on the event website) who may contact you after the event
- photograph or film parts of the event, including group and crowd shots, and may use such media for marketing and promotional purposes
Special Category Data
To the extent that you provide, in the entry form, special categories of data revealing information, the legal basis for processing your sensitive personal data is that the processing is necessary for the purposes of carrying out obligations and exercising specific rights of the controller and of the data subject in the field of social protection law and for assisting with your health and safety or attendance at the event.
Your personal data will be kept by us securely for three years from the last contact we have with you.
As your personal data will be stored on our IT infrastructure it will also be shared with our external IT service suppliers who provide email, document management, and storage services.
You have the right to:
- request information about how your personal data are processed, and to request a copy of that personal data.
- request that any inaccuracies in your personal data are rectified without delay.
- request that any incomplete personal data are completed, including by means of a supplementary statement.
- request that your personal data are erased if there is no longer a justification for them to be processed.
- in certain circumstances (for example, where accuracy is contested) to request that the processing of your personal data is restricted.
- to object to the processing of your personal data where it is processed for direct marketing purposes.
- to request a copy of any personal data you have provided, and for it to be provided in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format.
Please contact us at the address specified below if you would like to exercise any of these rights or have any queries regarding our use of your data.
As your personal data is stored on our IT infrastructure, and shared with our data processors, it may be transferred and stored securely outside the European Union. Where that is the case it will be subject to equivalent legal protection.
The contact details for Dods Parliamentary Communications Limited are:
Data Protection Committee
Dods Parliamentary Communications Limited
32 London Bridge Street